Update: A big thank you to all of you who have submitted entries to Food & Paper for DMBLGiT. I have enjoyed receiving your photos in my mailbox every day... little doses of yum. The contest has now closed and the judging will soon be underway. Please check back here during the first few days of August for the winning photos! ~SM.
It is my pleasure to announce that Food and Paper will be hosting this month's food photography contest, Does My Blog Look Good In This? [DMBLGiT]. So, take a gander at the photos you posted on your blog in the month of June and pick a winner.
I am excited to have a panel of Pittsburgh food bloggers joining me to serve as this month's judges: Rebecca and Leland of Eat (Leland is actually a Pittsburgh transplant to New York), Lindy of Toast, and Jesse of Corduroy Orange.
1. You may only submit one photograph.
2. The photograph must have been taken by you.
3. The photograph must have been posted on your blog in June of 2007.
4. Photos will be accepted until Wednesday, July 25 at midnight EST.
5. A panel of five judges will drool over the photographs until they have chosen winners based on the following categories:
-- aesthetics: how well is the photo composed? how does the styling of the photo contribute to its overall impact? how well is the photo lit and focused?
-- edibility: how much does the photo tempt the judges to lick their computer screens?
-- originality: how much does the photo elicit responses like, "Golly!" "Wow!" and "I never would have thought of that!"
If you would like to participate in this event:
1. Send an e-mail with DMBLGIT in the subject line to sarahalisonmiller [at] gmail [dot] com.
2. Attach your photo.
3. In the body of the email, include the following information:
-- your name
-- the url of your blog
-- the url of the post where your blog appears
-- any information you would like to share about the equipment you used to take your photo
Click here to browse the gallery of this month's entries.